Police hunt for driver who fled scene after crashing into field off M5
- Credit: Clevedon Fire Station
A driver crashed into a field off the M5 motorway between Weston and Clevedon yesterday (Sunday) just after 8am.
The driver crashed on the southbound carriageway and then fled the scene.
Officers from Avon and Somerset Constabulary and fire crews from Clevedon and Avonmouth attended the incident.
Paramedics treated the female passenger at the scene while the police helicopter and officers on foot searched for the driver.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at just after 8am on May 23 following a single-vehicle collision between junction 20 and junction 21 of the M5, in which a car left the carriageway.
“The driver then left the scene, but following a search of the surrounding area he was detained by officers and taken to hospital for treatment.
“A woman, who was a passenger in the car, has also been taken to hospital for treatment. Enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 5 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 7 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 8 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 9 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks