Bristol Airport 'confident' after euro airline commits to daily routes
- Credit: Bristol Airport
Bristol Airport has added to its list of daily routes available to passengers this summer once foreign travel bans are lifted in the UK.
Alongside the Lufthansa airline, Bristol Airport will provide regular flights to Frankfurt in Germany.
The airport's chief-executive believes that by committing the route, the airline has showcased confidence that regular air travel will be available again soon.
Dave Lees said: "This is incredibly positive news for Bristol Airport and the region.
"Lufthansa is a major global airline and this decision shows confidence in air travel returning to normal.
"We see great potential for this new service and will work with Lufthansa on other exciting route opportunities in the future.“
This follows the news that the airport will soon offer routes to the Greek islands of Santorini and Mykonos.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
Lufthansa's UK sales director, Andreas Köster, revealed the company is 'looking forward' to providing the flights to Bristol Airport.
The first flight on the route will take off on June 28.