Portishead artist runs silent auction for breast cancer research
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
Portishead artist Tracie Fry has teamed up with Tonic Hair and Beauty House to raise funds for charity.
A painting of two boats on a beach is on display in the window of the Combe Road salon with silent bids invited.
The painting will go to the highest bidder and the new owner will then be asked to decide how the painting is completed.
Tracie said: “I wanted to do something to support Breast Cancer Research and, as an artist, auctioning a painting seemed the natural thing to do. However, I wanted it to be special, so the highest bidder will be asked to name the boats. Maybe in someone’s memory, to celebrate children or family or to recognise a business venture.
“I will complete the paintings by adding the names to the boats and it will be up to the owner what they want on them.”
You may also want to watch:
A silent auction for the painting will run throughout April with every penny going to the charity.
Bids are invited, placed in a sealed envelope, via an entry box in Tonic Hair and Beauty, when the salon reopens, by post to Tonic or by email to Tracie7@live.com
Bids must be submitted by April 30.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic