Town’s first samba band
THE creation of Clevedon’s first samba band looks set to be a success after a taster session attracted many new people keen to learn about the music.
Held at the music shop in Alexandra Road, participants learnt to play basic rhythms before moving on to full samba music.
From this month, experienced samba musician John Richards plans to hold regular Tuesday evening sessions at Clevedon School in the hope of creating the town’s first samba band.
Speaking about the successful taster session, Liz Tedbury at Clevedon Music Shop said: “You could hear the drums and music up the street.
“It was absolutely brilliant. Samba seems to be something that people do just once and then fall in love with it.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part in future samba sessions can call John on 07988 891905 or Liz at the music shop on 01275 876444.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?