Toddler lunch club proves a hit
A TODDLERS lunch cub has proved a hit with parents and their preschool children in Portishead.
Paninis, salad and fresh fruit, a selection of children’s sandwiches and even chips, are all now on the menu at Portishead Youth Centre’s soft play sessions.
The hours of preschool activities, which run Monday to Friday at the Harbour Road centre, have now been extended to run from 9.30am – 2.30pm. From this month, lunches are also available to customers, served in the newly refurbished caf� area.
Full time youth worker Alan Rowe said: “This provides a great opportunity for parents and carers to relax while their children have fun in a safe environment and then enjoy lunch together, instead of rushing off to prepare something at home.”
In addition to the extended opening hours, a family support worker from Portishead Children’s Centre now visits the Thursday soft play sessions between 11.30am-12.30pm to offer support, advice and a friendly ear to anyone who wants to talk.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the preschool activities and new lunch club call 01275 842461.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens