Toddler lunch club proves a hit
A TODDLERS lunch cub has proved a hit with parents and their preschool children in Portishead.
Paninis, salad and fresh fruit, a selection of children’s sandwiches and even chips, are all now on the menu at Portishead Youth Centre’s soft play sessions.
The hours of preschool activities, which run Monday to Friday at the Harbour Road centre, have now been extended to run from 9.30am – 2.30pm. From this month, lunches are also available to customers, served in the newly refurbished caf� area.
Full time youth worker Alan Rowe said: “This provides a great opportunity for parents and carers to relax while their children have fun in a safe environment and then enjoy lunch together, instead of rushing off to prepare something at home.”
In addition to the extended opening hours, a family support worker from Portishead Children’s Centre now visits the Thursday soft play sessions between 11.30am-12.30pm to offer support, advice and a friendly ear to anyone who wants to talk.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the preschool activities and new lunch club call 01275 842461.
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 3 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 4 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 5 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 7 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 8 LOCAL ELECTIONS: Who you can vote for in the by-election tomorrow
- 9 Yatton Bowling Club getting more youngsters involved
- 10 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease