Toddler lunch club proves a hit
A TODDLERS lunch cub has proved a hit with parents and their preschool children in Portishead.
Paninis, salad and fresh fruit, a selection of children’s sandwiches and even chips, are all now on the menu at Portishead Youth Centre’s soft play sessions.
The hours of preschool activities, which run Monday to Friday at the Harbour Road centre, have now been extended to run from 9.30am – 2.30pm. From this month, lunches are also available to customers, served in the newly refurbished caf� area.
Full time youth worker Alan Rowe said: “This provides a great opportunity for parents and carers to relax while their children have fun in a safe environment and then enjoy lunch together, instead of rushing off to prepare something at home.”
In addition to the extended opening hours, a family support worker from Portishead Children’s Centre now visits the Thursday soft play sessions between 11.30am-12.30pm to offer support, advice and a friendly ear to anyone who wants to talk.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the preschool activities and new lunch club call 01275 842461.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
- 10 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill