Proud night for Clevedon restaurant owner at Somerset Food and Drink awards
- Credit: Antony Thompson/TWM
A Clevedon restaurant has won a top award at the Somerset Life Food and Drink Awards.
Tiffin At The Pier, based at Clevedon Pier, picked up the Best Newcomer prize at the ceremony held at Somerset County Cricket Club in Taunton.
Entries were judged on customer votes, two mystery visits and reviews from websites including Facebook, TripAdvisor and Twitter.
Tiffin At The Pier beat competition including the Moat And Turret Café in Nunney, and the Bread Bar mobile pizza van to earn the award.
Director Nick Wring said: “We are delighted to have won this prestigious award being recognised as Somerset’s top newcomer to the restaurant scene.
You may also want to watch:
“We are one of the furthest north in Somerset to have won an award and the first in Clevedon.
“It is testament to not just our very hard-working team in often challenging situations, but also the many small artisan suppliers who make up the backbone of our food service and quality.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 10 Further delays for rail project
“Tiffin has always stuck to sourcing the highest grade locally produced products for all its venues, which although less profitable, deliver so much more in terms of taste and variety – and this was recognised at the awards.
“We are delighted and very proud.
MORE: Tiffin opens restaurant at Clevedon Pier“It was a great team effort maintaining quality, consistency and great customer service”
Tiffin’s achivement means it will now go on to enter the Taste Of The South West Awards, which will see it go up against winning restaurants from other areas in the region.
Mr Wring added: “Going forward we are flattered to have now been invited to enter the Taste Of The West Awards.
“A big thank you to all those who voted for us.
“Our team looks forward to welcoming you to celebrate Tiffin style.”
As well as the pier restaurant, Tiffin Group also owns a café in The Beach and three restaurants in Jersey.
Tiffin At The Pier was opened last year as part of the Grade I-listed structure’s £2.25million visitor centre project.
The visitor centre itself has also won numerous awards since opening, including the People’s Favourite prize at the Historic England Angel Awards held in London.