Three generations born the same day
A PORTISHEAD family has defied the odds to have a son, father and grandfather all born on the same day.
When baby Callum Kai Worthington arrived into the world on March 15 he shared the same birthday not only as his father Scott but also his grandfather Tony.
Even more amazing, is that his mother Helen was born in Hong Kong on March 16 and, taking into consideration the time difference between the UK and Hong Kong, it could be said the whole family shares the same birthday.
Callum first showed signs of making an appearance on March 12, but it was two days later when Helen was admitted to Southmead Hospital for the imminent delivery.
However, despite encouragement from his mother and hospital staff, the little fellow refused to budge until finally popping into the world at 1.15am on March 15, weighing 8lb 8.5oz.
You may also want to watch:
Scott said: “Helen was in labour for more than 30 hours and we joked that the baby was hanging on for my birthday, to be the third generation born on the same day. Then it became a reality and was the best birthday present ever.”
Callum’s parents say he must be a billion to one baby and that when Callum is older it may well be worth having a bet that he will have a son born on March 15.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
Tony, who is holidaying on the other side of the world, is said to be delighted and says he will be looking forward to having some brilliant birthday parties with the family in the future.
In May last year, a family from Essex was left in the same situation when a son was born on the same day as his father and grandfather. At that time, the bookmakers Ladbroke’s worked out the odds of that happening at 272,910 to one.