Three generations born the same day
A PORTISHEAD family has defied the odds to have a son, father and grandfather all born on the same day.
When baby Callum Kai Worthington arrived into the world on March 15 he shared the same birthday not only as his father Scott but also his grandfather Tony.
Even more amazing, is that his mother Helen was born in Hong Kong on March 16 and, taking into consideration the time difference between the UK and Hong Kong, it could be said the whole family shares the same birthday.
Callum first showed signs of making an appearance on March 12, but it was two days later when Helen was admitted to Southmead Hospital for the imminent delivery.
However, despite encouragement from his mother and hospital staff, the little fellow refused to budge until finally popping into the world at 1.15am on March 15, weighing 8lb 8.5oz.
Scott said: “Helen was in labour for more than 30 hours and we joked that the baby was hanging on for my birthday, to be the third generation born on the same day. Then it became a reality and was the best birthday present ever.”
Callum’s parents say he must be a billion to one baby and that when Callum is older it may well be worth having a bet that he will have a son born on March 15.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved
Tony, who is holidaying on the other side of the world, is said to be delighted and says he will be looking forward to having some brilliant birthday parties with the family in the future.
In May last year, a family from Essex was left in the same situation when a son was born on the same day as his father and grandfather. At that time, the bookmakers Ladbroke’s worked out the odds of that happening at 272,910 to one.