Concert for cancer charity raises hundreds
- Credit: Sub
Music stirred the soul and pulled on heart strings at a charity concert.
A packed Christchurch hall enjoyed a fabulous night of entertainment from the Caerphilly Male Voice choir and guest soloists.
The concert was held on May 11 and was the brainchild of Chris and Maggie Morris from the Clevedon Yeo Rotary Club, however Chris died shortly before the event from cancer.
The event was a success and raised almost £6,000 for Cancer Research UK
Club president Tony Carrington said: "I am proud of the hard work of all of our members to stage this event. With some health issues within the club this has been achieved with a membership of eight active members.
You may also want to watch:
"I am also proud of our efforts in other fields namely a recent donation of £1000 to the Children's Hospice South West and £900 to the foodbank.
"Both of these were possible following our quiz and a collection at Ashton Gate by these hardworking members."
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 8 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down