Thousands enjoy the sun by the pool
PORTISHEAD Open Air Pool enjoyed a record-breaking weekend, a week after the seafront lido officially closed for the winter.
The unexpected, hot October weather saw thousands of people flock to the pool, which was reopened after closing on September 25.
Pool spokesperson Barbara Thatcher said: “After monitoring the weather forecast for a couple of days and checking that we could get the lifeguards, we decided to re-open last Tuesday so that everyone could enjoy the last blast of summer weather.
“We advertised on our website and Facebook and as a result, nearly 3,000 people came through turnstiles over three days, with Sunday being the busiest day of the year so far.”
The pool has now closed for the season and trustees plan to open again on April 21, 2012, the pool’s 50th year anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.portisheadopenairpool.org.uk
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 7 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Families enjoy Easter donkey tale trail at church
- 10 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn