Thousands enjoy the sun by the pool
PORTISHEAD Open Air Pool enjoyed a record-breaking weekend, a week after the seafront lido officially closed for the winter.
The unexpected, hot October weather saw thousands of people flock to the pool, which was reopened after closing on September 25.
Pool spokesperson Barbara Thatcher said: “After monitoring the weather forecast for a couple of days and checking that we could get the lifeguards, we decided to re-open last Tuesday so that everyone could enjoy the last blast of summer weather.
“We advertised on our website and Facebook and as a result, nearly 3,000 people came through turnstiles over three days, with Sunday being the busiest day of the year so far.”
The pool has now closed for the season and trustees plan to open again on April 21, 2012, the pool’s 50th year anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.portisheadopenairpool.org.uk
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 9 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working