Thousands enjoy the sun by the pool
PORTISHEAD Open Air Pool enjoyed a record-breaking weekend, a week after the seafront lido officially closed for the winter.
The unexpected, hot October weather saw thousands of people flock to the pool, which was reopened after closing on September 25.
Pool spokesperson Barbara Thatcher said: “After monitoring the weather forecast for a couple of days and checking that we could get the lifeguards, we decided to re-open last Tuesday so that everyone could enjoy the last blast of summer weather.
“We advertised on our website and Facebook and as a result, nearly 3,000 people came through turnstiles over three days, with Sunday being the busiest day of the year so far.”
The pool has now closed for the season and trustees plan to open again on April 21, 2012, the pool’s 50th year anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.portisheadopenairpool.org.uk
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 10 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities