Thousands enjoy the sun by the pool
PORTISHEAD Open Air Pool enjoyed a record-breaking weekend, a week after the seafront lido officially closed for the winter.
The unexpected, hot October weather saw thousands of people flock to the pool, which was reopened after closing on September 25.
Pool spokesperson Barbara Thatcher said: “After monitoring the weather forecast for a couple of days and checking that we could get the lifeguards, we decided to re-open last Tuesday so that everyone could enjoy the last blast of summer weather.
“We advertised on our website and Facebook and as a result, nearly 3,000 people came through turnstiles over three days, with Sunday being the busiest day of the year so far.”
The pool has now closed for the season and trustees plan to open again on April 21, 2012, the pool’s 50th year anniversary.
For more information visit www.portisheadopenairpool.org.uk
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 9 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports