Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:58 21 December 2018
Christmas is almost upon us, and there are plenty of exciting events to get you in the festive spirit taking place across the district.
- There will be Christmas carols sung on Clevedon Pier, in The Beach, with the Salvation Army on Friday night.
The free event starts at 6.30pm and includes mince pies and mulled wine.
- The Cadbury Saxophone Band will put on a Christmas concert on Saturday morning.
It will be held at Congresbury’s St Andrew’s Church, off Station Road, at 10.30am.
While the performance is free to attend, donations for Caring At Christmas will take place.
- A one-off showing of a classic Christmas film will take place on Saturday.
Clevedon’s Curzon cinema, in Old Church Road, will show Home Alone at 1.30pm.
Tickets, priced £5-21, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.
- A DIY nativity and carol concert will be held at a Wraxall zoo.
A visit from Father Christmas will follow at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, in Clevedon Road, at 2pm on Saturday.
Entry is £6 and available at www.noahsarkzoofarm.co.uk or on 01275 852606.
- Ashton Court Estate is hosting a Father Christmas Experience event until Sunday from 10am-7pm.
Father Christmas will be in the music room at the mansion and visitors will get to experience a Christmas market and trails around the estate, a gift from Santa and a photo opportunity with him.
For more information, visit artspacelifespace.com
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.