Thieves target homes and sheds
THIEVES have been targeting homes and sheds in North Somerset.
On Saturday, a house in West Town Road, Backwell, was broken into between 1-2pm.
The owners were out at the time, but a neighbour was alerted to the crime by the house alarm and called the police. An MP3 player and other valuables were taken from the kitchen by the intruder.
Police are now appealing for anyone who saw anything suspicious to given them a call on 0845 456 7000 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
Five outbuildings were also broken into in Wraxall between November 26 and 27. Police received a number of calls from Tower House Lane after a spate of thefts in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Stamp, PCSO manager at Nailsea, said: “We are warning people to be on the look out and if they observe anyone they don’t recognise or see someone driving up different driveways, to take a note of their registration details and to report it.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport