Thieves target homes and sheds
THIEVES have been targeting homes and sheds in North Somerset.
On Saturday, a house in West Town Road, Backwell, was broken into between 1-2pm.
The owners were out at the time, but a neighbour was alerted to the crime by the house alarm and called the police. An MP3 player and other valuables were taken from the kitchen by the intruder.
Police are now appealing for anyone who saw anything suspicious to given them a call on 0845 456 7000 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
Five outbuildings were also broken into in Wraxall between November 26 and 27. Police received a number of calls from Tower House Lane after a spate of thefts in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Stamp, PCSO manager at Nailsea, said: “We are warning people to be on the look out and if they observe anyone they don’t recognise or see someone driving up different driveways, to take a note of their registration details and to report it.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery