Thieves target football club
THIEVES broke in through the roof of a Clevedon football club before taking thousands-of-pounds worth of items and cash.
Clevedon United Football Club in Southey Road was targeted in the early hours of Sunday morning, when the culprits climbed onto the roof to remove tiles and the roof lining before kicking through the clubhouse ceiling.
They managed to leave with two large TV screens as well as cash that had been left behind the bar, ready to be given out as prize money for a forthcoming skittles competition.
The thieves also broke into gaming machines and stole the money inside.
The club has recently been taken over by two new managers who had begun to refurbish it. They are now planning to increase security at the site.
You may also want to watch:
* Anyone with information regarding the incident and anybody who noticed any people acting suspiciously or cars being driven suspiciously in the area should call Nailsea police on 0845 456 7000.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 10 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook