The Big Knit
KNITTING fans in North Somerset are being encouraged to help raise money for a national charity.
Clevedon and Pill are taking part in the Big Knit - raising money for Age UK by knitting very small hats to sit on top of bottles of Innocent smoothies to be sold at Sainsbury’s stores.
Each hat raises 25p for Age UK.
Three different patterns, beginner, intermediate and advanced, are available from Pill Resource Centre in Baltic Place, which is where finished hats can also be taken.
In Clevedon, patterns are available from the Age UK shop in Queens Square, where finished items can also be taken.
You may also want to watch:
To have a pattern sent by post call Klaus Wagner on 01275 882837.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 7 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop