Inclusive theatre group given cash boost
- Credit: Neil Phillips photo and film Lim
The Thatchers Foundation has donated £2,500 to a threatre company for children and adults with additional needs.
Appleshed Inclusive Theatre Company in Congresbury is delighted with the donation.
Anne Thatcher, trustee of the Thatchers Foundation said: "This is an awe-inspiring theatre group which has great ambitions to start more sessions in other Somerset towns and villages.
"We're delighted to present them with this donation to not only benefit the members who join in the workshops at the moment, but in the future."
Appleshed founder Jan Thomson said: "Our groups and the performances we stage are truly joyful and encourage integration across all abilities through drama, music, movement, song and games.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a very generous and welcome donation from the Thatchers Foundation that will be put to excellent use for the benefit of all our practitioners, students and volunteers."
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis