Terry’s latest nature book
A NATURE enthusiast from Nailsea has documented some of the towns most important trees in a new book.
Trees In and Around Nailsea has been written by Terry Smith and includes a huge range of historic and contemporary photographs as well as grid references to guide those wanting to locate the trees.
Terry, aged 77 of Friendship Road, is well-known in Nailsea for his enthusiasm for nature after he helped establish the Stockway North nature reserve in 1996 and another at Moorend Spout in 2008. He subsequently became chairman of Nailsea Environment and Wildlife Trust.
He has also penned another book, called The Natural History of Nailsea, which was published in 2007.
The former bio-chemist who has lived in Nailsea for more than 40 years said: “I have always been interested in wildlife and nature - ever since I was a little boy.”
You may also want to watch:
The publishing of his latest book has been financed thanks to a loan from Nailsea Town Council and Terry worked with town councillor Phil Barclay to compile it.
Trees In and Around Nailsea is available to buy from Nailsea Bookshop in High Street, Let’s Walk in Colliers Walk and the Nailsea Town Council offices at the Tithe Barn in Church Lane.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun