Terry’s latest nature book
A NATURE enthusiast from Nailsea has documented some of the towns most important trees in a new book.
Trees In and Around Nailsea has been written by Terry Smith and includes a huge range of historic and contemporary photographs as well as grid references to guide those wanting to locate the trees.
Terry, aged 77 of Friendship Road, is well-known in Nailsea for his enthusiasm for nature after he helped establish the Stockway North nature reserve in 1996 and another at Moorend Spout in 2008. He subsequently became chairman of Nailsea Environment and Wildlife Trust.
He has also penned another book, called The Natural History of Nailsea, which was published in 2007.
The former bio-chemist who has lived in Nailsea for more than 40 years said: “I have always been interested in wildlife and nature - ever since I was a little boy.”
You may also want to watch:
The publishing of his latest book has been financed thanks to a loan from Nailsea Town Council and Terry worked with town councillor Phil Barclay to compile it.
Trees In and Around Nailsea is available to buy from Nailsea Bookshop in High Street, Let’s Walk in Colliers Walk and the Nailsea Town Council offices at the Tithe Barn in Church Lane.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 7 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 8 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 9 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022