Teens assaulted on bus
TEENAGERS travelling on a bus to Portishead were assaulted by a group of men.
The 16 and 17-year-old males were on the 359 bus, which travels from Bristol to Portishead, and left Bristol at 11.30pm on September 23.
They became involved in an argument with two or three men.
At about 00.05am, the bus stopped at the junction of the Portbury Hundred and Sheepway in Portishead when two men grabbed one victim by the throat and pushed the other in the chest.
Police are now investigating the incident and asking for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
One suspect is described as a white man, 6ft 2ins tall, around 60-years-old and with a white/grey beard. He was wearing a burgundy jumper.
The second suspect is described as a white man, 5ft 11ins tall with a proportionate build and short, grey hair.
- 1 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 2 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
Investigating the incident, PC Dave Lovell said: “There were several other people on the bus who may have seen what happened and I would ask those people to get in touch with us.
“It is believed that one of the other passengers may have known one of the suspects and to that person I would say please get in touch with us or pass on what you know through Crimestoppers.”
Anyone with information should contact police by calling 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.