Teenager workout for Cambodian orphans
A ZUMBA and step workout is being organised by a Nailsea sixth former to raise funds for a trip to help Cambodian orphans.
Callum Jones, aged 16 of Causeway View, is shaping up for the shimmy and shake session, on March 31, at Scotch Horn Leisure Centre.
Callum, along with 20 other Nailsea School students, is taking part in a World Challenge expedition to Thailand and Cambodia in July.
Students have to raise more than �3,500 each for the trip, which will see them teaching English to children at an orphanage in Siem Reap.
Callum said: “This is an amazing opportunity to meet, live with and help others from a much poorer community and culture than our own.”
You may also want to watch:
Fitness instructors Trish and Ron Harper will lead the event, from 2-4pm.
Tickets, costing �6.75, are available from the instructors at the centre or from Callum’s mum, Pat Jones, on 07905 816018.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 8 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village