Teenager workout for Cambodian orphans
A ZUMBA and step workout is being organised by a Nailsea sixth former to raise funds for a trip to help Cambodian orphans.
Callum Jones, aged 16 of Causeway View, is shaping up for the shimmy and shake session, on March 31, at Scotch Horn Leisure Centre.
Callum, along with 20 other Nailsea School students, is taking part in a World Challenge expedition to Thailand and Cambodia in July.
Students have to raise more than �3,500 each for the trip, which will see them teaching English to children at an orphanage in Siem Reap.
Callum said: “This is an amazing opportunity to meet, live with and help others from a much poorer community and culture than our own.”
You may also want to watch:
Fitness instructors Trish and Ron Harper will lead the event, from 2-4pm.
Tickets, costing �6.75, are available from the instructors at the centre or from Callum’s mum, Pat Jones, on 07905 816018.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches