Teen meets Wayne Rooney
A CLEVEDON teenager has had his dream of meeting Wayne Rooney fulfilled thanks to the work of Starlight Children’s Foundation.
Billy Curnock met the Manchester United and England football star after his wish was granted by the charity, which specialises in making dreams come true for youngsters with a serious or terminal illness.
The 15-year-old was diagnosed with lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic immune system, more than a year ago and after months of gruelling chemotherapy and hospital visits, is now returning to health.
It was his love of football that got him through his time in hospital and he spends a lot of time watching matches with his brother and loves to see his hero, Wayne Rooney, play.
Starlight Children’s Foundation arranged for Billy to be at the filming of the final episode of Wayne Rooney’s TV programme, Street Striker, where he was given a tour of the set, met the finalists and then met Wayne himself.
You may also want to watch:
Billy described the trip as the best two days of his life and Wayne said: “It is always great to meet young football supporters and it was a real pleasure to meet Billy and help grant his Starlight wish – he has clearly been very brave during an extremely tough time and he is a very inspirational young lad.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children