Team in a spin for Harvey
A SPINATHON outside The Poacher pub in Portishead’s High Street has raised almost �2,000 for charity.
A team from the Fitness Hub gym, based at Kestrel Court in Harbour Road, took part in the event to support the Harvey Hext Appeal.
Harvey is a five-year-old boy with Neuroblastoma, a rare form of childhood cancer.
Gym owner Andy Cleeves and his team cycled consistently for 12 hours and raised �1,960. The Fitness Hub has been raising money for overseas treatment for Harvey since November.
Andy said: “We would like to thank The Poacher, our gym members and members of the wider community for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Fitness Hub’s next fundraising activity will be its entry in Sunday’s raft race at the Lake Grounds.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats