Team in a spin for Harvey
A SPINATHON outside The Poacher pub in Portishead’s High Street has raised almost �2,000 for charity.
A team from the Fitness Hub gym, based at Kestrel Court in Harbour Road, took part in the event to support the Harvey Hext Appeal.
Harvey is a five-year-old boy with Neuroblastoma, a rare form of childhood cancer.
Gym owner Andy Cleeves and his team cycled consistently for 12 hours and raised �1,960. The Fitness Hub has been raising money for overseas treatment for Harvey since November.
Andy said: “We would like to thank The Poacher, our gym members and members of the wider community for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Fitness Hub’s next fundraising activity will be its entry in Sunday’s raft race at the Lake Grounds.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season