Tea party cake sale for cancer charity
DELICIOUS cakes and doughnuts helped two fundraisers to donate more than �1,000 to charity.
Claire Stanley and Cath Foster, who work in the communications department at the Avon and Somerset Constabulary headquarters in Portishead, held a strawberry tea party to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
The event was a huge success and many people had a go at baking their own treats for the sale.
Claire and Cath are also extremely grateful to Portishead business The Cup Cake Bakery and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in Bristol, which donated more than 300 items to be eaten.
Cath said: “We are thrilled that everyone dug deep to help such a great cause. Not only did our friends and family and colleagues at the police support us, we also had a number of visitors from outside who travelled to police HQ for the event.”
You may also want to watch:
Claire added: “In total over �900 was raised and the remainder of the cash was kindly donated by the Police of Property Fund. ”
The friends are hoping to organise further events later in the year. To donate to the cause visit www.justgiving.com/Claire-Stanley
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 3 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 4 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 5 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 7 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 8 Yatton Bowling Club getting more youngsters involved
- 9 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 10 LOCAL ELECTIONS: Who you can vote for in the by-election tomorrow