Talented four reach dance finals
TALENTED young dancers from North Somerset have qualified for a prestigious national contest.
The pupils from the Adele Stitch School of Dance in Nailsea fought off stiff competition from across the South West to reach the bi-annual All England National Dance Finals.
Alice Ellison aged 13 from Backwell will compete in the national, modern and song and dance categories and Florence Wadley, aged 14 from Tickenham, will dance in the national category.
Siobhan Diffin, aged 18 from Backwell, will take on the Green and song and dance categories and also compete in the cabaret duet class with Matt Mars, aged 18 from Clevedon.
The finals will be held at The Peacock Theatre in London from Friday to August 7.
You may also want to watch:
Dance school principle Adele Stitch said: “I cannot begin to tell you how incredibly proud we all are of them all. You don’t get to this level of competition without a huge amount of serious hard work and dedication.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon