Talented four reach dance finals
TALENTED young dancers from North Somerset have qualified for a prestigious national contest.
The pupils from the Adele Stitch School of Dance in Nailsea fought off stiff competition from across the South West to reach the bi-annual All England National Dance Finals.
Alice Ellison aged 13 from Backwell will compete in the national, modern and song and dance categories and Florence Wadley, aged 14 from Tickenham, will dance in the national category.
Siobhan Diffin, aged 18 from Backwell, will take on the Green and song and dance categories and also compete in the cabaret duet class with Matt Mars, aged 18 from Clevedon.
The finals will be held at The Peacock Theatre in London from Friday to August 7.
You may also want to watch:
Dance school principle Adele Stitch said: “I cannot begin to tell you how incredibly proud we all are of them all. You don’t get to this level of competition without a huge amount of serious hard work and dedication.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe