Talented four reach dance finals
TALENTED young dancers from North Somerset have qualified for a prestigious national contest.
The pupils from the Adele Stitch School of Dance in Nailsea fought off stiff competition from across the South West to reach the bi-annual All England National Dance Finals.
Alice Ellison aged 13 from Backwell will compete in the national, modern and song and dance categories and Florence Wadley, aged 14 from Tickenham, will dance in the national category.
Siobhan Diffin, aged 18 from Backwell, will take on the Green and song and dance categories and also compete in the cabaret duet class with Matt Mars, aged 18 from Clevedon.
The finals will be held at The Peacock Theatre in London from Friday to August 7.
You may also want to watch:
Dance school principle Adele Stitch said: “I cannot begin to tell you how incredibly proud we all are of them all. You don’t get to this level of competition without a huge amount of serious hard work and dedication.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships