Tack marking in Backwell
HORSE owners in North Somerset can have their tack marked by police officers during a session in Backwell.
As part of an initiative aimed at reducing equine-related crime, the first tack marking day of the year will take place at Equicraft in Rodney Road from 10.30am-3.30pm on March 27.
PCSOs Andy Gatenby and Pen Gatenby will be at the store and people can take along saddles and bridles to be marked, so property can be returned to the owner if it is ever stolen.
The session is being held in response to thefts of horse equipment and is designed to help reduce such incidents.
Owners will also be able to join the Avon and Somerset Constabulary Horse Watch Scheme and gain advice about yard security and other crime-prevention measures.
You may also want to watch:
For more details contact the PCSOs at Nailsea Police Station on 0845 456 7000.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser