Swimmers prepare for the aquathlon
Swimmers prepare for Clevedon’s aquathlon where scores of competitors will be battling it out in marine lake on the prom
SWIMMERS will be taking the plunge on July 10 at Clevedon’s annual aquathlon.
Competitors will be swimming the marine lake and running along the promenade.
The event has been organised by the MARLENS and Clevedon Amateur Swimming Club and starts at 10.30am.
Participants can swim 400m and run 3km or swim 800m and run 6km.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Norman, chair of MARLENS, said: “This is a friendly and competitive event for juniors and seniors, both novice and experienced.
“People can choose to take part as a single entry or as part of a team, where one person swims and one person runs. This means people of every ability can join in, they don’t need to be hardened athletes.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 8 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
“It’s always nice to see the community come together and every participant will receive a certificate so it will be a real feel-good event. Additional prizes will be given to the 1st place in the junior, senior and veteran categories.”
The water temperature is expected to be between 16-20C and the course for runners is flat.
Organisers are looking for volunteer marshals to guide the runners as well as sponsors for the event.
Any surplus money will go towards MARLENS projects which includes bringing life to the marine lake and funding the free schools day on September 23 at the Marine Lake Festival.
Entry fees for the aquathlon are �8 for juniors, aged 12-16, �14 for a junior team, �14 for seniors and �20 for a senior team.
Anyone interested in sponsoring the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more visit www.wavesswimschool.co.uk