Swimmers needed for annual fundraiser
- Credit: supplied
SWIMMERS of all ages are being sought by Portishead Rotary Club for its 17th annual swimathon.
More than 500 swimmers aged from three to 80 entered the pool challenge at Parish Wharf Leisure Centre in 2012 which raised more than £10,000 for a variety of charities.
The big swim has already seen more than 42 teams sign up for this year’s event which will be opened by BBC weather girl and radio presenter Jemma Cooper at 1.30pm on March 23.
Swimmers wanting to take part need to be able to swim in relay, with five other team members, for at least 35 minutes. Teams of six people are required but individuals can enter, forming a team with other individuals.
Rotary member Miles Williams said: “The swimathon is always a popular event and even weak swimmers can be accommodated with the assistance of volunteers.”
You may also want to watch:
The 2013 swimathon will support the recently-launched Young Carers group in Portishead, but other local charities will also benefit.
To find out more or to register your team contact Mollie on 01275 372725 or 07788 590371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups
Alternatively visit www.portisheadrotaryclub.org.uk