Support for hate crime victims
THE police have teamed up with a variety of organisations to help victims of hate crimes in the region.
Various agencies will work with Avon and Somerset Constabulary through the Strategic Partnership Against Hate Crime to offer support to people who have been victims of crimes motivated by hate or prejudice.
Among the organisations involved are Victim Support, Mind, People Can, Somerset Racial Equality Council, the Terrence Higgins Trust, Midwest European Communities Association and the Somerset Lesbian Network.
Agency members have received special training and can take reports from victims, before then reporting offences to the police.
In cases where the victim does not want the report to be passed to the police, the agency can still take the report and provide appropriate help.
You may also want to watch:
A new website listing more information on third party reporting has been launched, visit www.dontstandforitreportit.org for more information.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 4 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans