Supper nominations wanted
ORGANISERS of Portishead’s annual senior citizen supper are calling for nominations for the function.
The event has run in the town for more than 35 years and is now organised by Portishead’s Safer, Stronger Neighbourhood Policing Team.
The silver service, three-course dinner, with food supplied by Wiltshire Farm Foods, includes transport to and from the venue and live entertainment throughout the evening.
It will take place on March 17 at Somerset Hall and the beat team wants to make sure deserving residents are not overlooked.
PC Jenny Clark said: “We are always inundated with requests to attend the dinner and while we would love to invite everyone, we are limited to 200 places.
“This year we are asking people to nominate senior citizens living in Portishead who they think would benefit from a nice night out, in good company with a meal and entertainment provided.
“We would particularly like to hear about those living on their own, or those who don’t manage to get out much.”
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
To nominate someone write in less than 150 words why you think they deserve to be invited to the event and send it to Portishead Police Station, Station Road, Portishead, BS20 7BZ.
To find out more about the annual senior citizens supper call PC Clark or PCSO Charman on 0845 456 7000.