Supper nominations wanted
ORGANISERS of Portishead’s annual senior citizen supper are calling for nominations for the function.
The event has run in the town for more than 35 years and is now organised by Portishead’s Safer, Stronger Neighbourhood Policing Team.
The silver service, three-course dinner, with food supplied by Wiltshire Farm Foods, includes transport to and from the venue and live entertainment throughout the evening.
It will take place on March 17 at Somerset Hall and the beat team wants to make sure deserving residents are not overlooked.
PC Jenny Clark said: “We are always inundated with requests to attend the dinner and while we would love to invite everyone, we are limited to 200 places.
You may also want to watch:
“This year we are asking people to nominate senior citizens living in Portishead who they think would benefit from a nice night out, in good company with a meal and entertainment provided.
“We would particularly like to hear about those living on their own, or those who don’t manage to get out much.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
To nominate someone write in less than 150 words why you think they deserve to be invited to the event and send it to Portishead Police Station, Station Road, Portishead, BS20 7BZ.
To find out more about the annual senior citizens supper call PC Clark or PCSO Charman on 0845 456 7000.