Supper nominations wanted
ORGANISERS of Portishead’s annual senior citizen supper are calling for nominations for the function.
The event has run in the town for more than 35 years and is now organised by Portishead’s Safer, Stronger Neighbourhood Policing Team.
The silver service, three-course dinner, with food supplied by Wiltshire Farm Foods, includes transport to and from the venue and live entertainment throughout the evening.
It will take place on March 17 at Somerset Hall and the beat team wants to make sure deserving residents are not overlooked.
PC Jenny Clark said: “We are always inundated with requests to attend the dinner and while we would love to invite everyone, we are limited to 200 places.
You may also want to watch:
“This year we are asking people to nominate senior citizens living in Portishead who they think would benefit from a nice night out, in good company with a meal and entertainment provided.
“We would particularly like to hear about those living on their own, or those who don’t manage to get out much.”
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 8 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
To nominate someone write in less than 150 words why you think they deserve to be invited to the event and send it to Portishead Police Station, Station Road, Portishead, BS20 7BZ.
To find out more about the annual senior citizens supper call PC Clark or PCSO Charman on 0845 456 7000.