Supermarket to champion community life
A DEDICATED area will be set up in a supermarket to champion community causes.
Asda in Clevedon has unveiled Community Life.
Councillor Linda Knott, St Peter’s Hospice, Children’s Hospice South West and Clevedon Lions Club joined the supermarket’s new community champion, Michelle Matthews and store manager Rob Robertson to officially unveil the new community board.
Michelle will run the dedicated area of the Southern Way store, which will keep customers up to date with the new initiative.
Asda Community Life will focus on a different topic each quarter of the year including health, the environment, young people and living and working in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The store is inviting customers to vote for a cause to receive a donation from the Asda Foundation, the supermarket’s charity.
Three North Somerset not-for-profit organisations will be shortlisted and the winning cause will receive the donation.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
Customers can vote in the store by putting tokens handed out at the tills in to one of three marked boxes next to the community board.