Supermarket to champion community life
A DEDICATED area will be set up in a supermarket to champion community causes.
Asda in Clevedon has unveiled Community Life.
Councillor Linda Knott, St Peter’s Hospice, Children’s Hospice South West and Clevedon Lions Club joined the supermarket’s new community champion, Michelle Matthews and store manager Rob Robertson to officially unveil the new community board.
Michelle will run the dedicated area of the Southern Way store, which will keep customers up to date with the new initiative.
Asda Community Life will focus on a different topic each quarter of the year including health, the environment, young people and living and working in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The store is inviting customers to vote for a cause to receive a donation from the Asda Foundation, the supermarket’s charity.
Three North Somerset not-for-profit organisations will be shortlisted and the winning cause will receive the donation.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
Customers can vote in the store by putting tokens handed out at the tills in to one of three marked boxes next to the community board.