Sue ready to take on Great Wall
A NAILSEA hair salon owner will walk the Great Wall of China to raise money for a cause close to her heart.
Sue Pickles, who owns SP Hair Company in High Street, will take on the six-day fete in May to collect cash for St Peter’s Hospice in Bristol.
The 42-year-old signed herself up for the challenge after seeing the care the hospice nurses gave to her mum, Liz Sheppard, before she died last year.
Sue, who will be walking 20-25 miles every day during the challenge, said: “My mum spent the last week in the hospice and they were absolutely amazing. I feel I owe this to them now.”
Sue, a mum-of-two, has already begun her fundraising efforts by organising a shopping night to be held at the salon on November 3.
From 4.30-9.30pm, customers can enjoy a glass of bubbly and canapes while browsing numerous stalls selling photography packages, personal training sessions, driving experiences, books, PartyLite candles, Corrister and White cakes, Jamie at Home kitchen products and items from Gifted and The Blue Room in Nailsea. A raffle will feature �900 worth of prizes.
Tickets, priced �5 in advance, are available from the salon on 01275 852407.
- 1 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 2 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 3 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 4 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 5 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 6 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 7 Make a splash for children's hospice this September
- 8 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 9 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
To sponsor Sue visit www.justgiving.com/sphair