Sue ready to take on Great Wall
A NAILSEA hair salon owner will walk the Great Wall of China to raise money for a cause close to her heart.
Sue Pickles, who owns SP Hair Company in High Street, will take on the six-day fete in May to collect cash for St Peter’s Hospice in Bristol.
The 42-year-old signed herself up for the challenge after seeing the care the hospice nurses gave to her mum, Liz Sheppard, before she died last year.
Sue, who will be walking 20-25 miles every day during the challenge, said: “My mum spent the last week in the hospice and they were absolutely amazing. I feel I owe this to them now.”
Sue, a mum-of-two, has already begun her fundraising efforts by organising a shopping night to be held at the salon on November 3.
You may also want to watch:
From 4.30-9.30pm, customers can enjoy a glass of bubbly and canapes while browsing numerous stalls selling photography packages, personal training sessions, driving experiences, books, PartyLite candles, Corrister and White cakes, Jamie at Home kitchen products and items from Gifted and The Blue Room in Nailsea. A raffle will feature �900 worth of prizes.
Tickets, priced �5 in advance, are available from the salon on 01275 852407.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 10 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
To sponsor Sue visit www.justgiving.com/sphair