Sue ready to take on Great Wall
A NAILSEA hair salon owner will walk the Great Wall of China to raise money for a cause close to her heart.
Sue Pickles, who owns SP Hair Company in High Street, will take on the six-day fete in May to collect cash for St Peter’s Hospice in Bristol.
The 42-year-old signed herself up for the challenge after seeing the care the hospice nurses gave to her mum, Liz Sheppard, before she died last year.
Sue, who will be walking 20-25 miles every day during the challenge, said: “My mum spent the last week in the hospice and they were absolutely amazing. I feel I owe this to them now.”
Sue, a mum-of-two, has already begun her fundraising efforts by organising a shopping night to be held at the salon on November 3.
You may also want to watch:
From 4.30-9.30pm, customers can enjoy a glass of bubbly and canapes while browsing numerous stalls selling photography packages, personal training sessions, driving experiences, books, PartyLite candles, Corrister and White cakes, Jamie at Home kitchen products and items from Gifted and The Blue Room in Nailsea. A raffle will feature �900 worth of prizes.
Tickets, priced �5 in advance, are available from the salon on 01275 852407.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
To sponsor Sue visit www.justgiving.com/sphair