Counsellor cycles across the country to raise money for charity
A NAILSEA woman is celebrating success after cycling 1,100 miles for charity.
Sue Jenner, of Broom Farm Close, has been putting her feet up since completing her cycle from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
The determined 62-year-old raised �2,000 for Wellspring Counselling in North Somerset by completing her ride.
She said: “I had a lovely time and met so many people, but what warmed me a lot was how I was supported by the shops and the community of Nailsea.
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s Walk kitted me out with clothing and Nailsea Cycles sorted out the bike, which only had one puncture in the whole trip.
“The whole community has been very supportive in the way they gave freely with sponsorship and wished me well before I went.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 6 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 7 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme
Wellspring Counselling offers sessions to people across North Somerset who are unable to pay expensive private fees. It runs sessions on a donation basis and needs to raise �15,000 a year to offer the vital service to people.
Anyone interested in sponsoring Sue or donating to the charity can call Wellspring Counselling on 01275 810879.