Counsellor cycles across the country to raise money for charity
A NAILSEA woman is celebrating success after cycling 1,100 miles for charity.
Sue Jenner, of Broom Farm Close, has been putting her feet up since completing her cycle from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
The determined 62-year-old raised �2,000 for Wellspring Counselling in North Somerset by completing her ride.
She said: “I had a lovely time and met so many people, but what warmed me a lot was how I was supported by the shops and the community of Nailsea.
“Let’s Walk kitted me out with clothing and Nailsea Cycles sorted out the bike, which only had one puncture in the whole trip.
“The whole community has been very supportive in the way they gave freely with sponsorship and wished me well before I went.”
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
Wellspring Counselling offers sessions to people across North Somerset who are unable to pay expensive private fees. It runs sessions on a donation basis and needs to raise �15,000 a year to offer the vital service to people.
Anyone interested in sponsoring Sue or donating to the charity can call Wellspring Counselling on 01275 810879.