Counsellor cycles across the country to raise money for charity
A NAILSEA woman is celebrating success after cycling 1,100 miles for charity.
Sue Jenner, of Broom Farm Close, has been putting her feet up since completing her cycle from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
The determined 62-year-old raised �2,000 for Wellspring Counselling in North Somerset by completing her ride.
She said: “I had a lovely time and met so many people, but what warmed me a lot was how I was supported by the shops and the community of Nailsea.
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s Walk kitted me out with clothing and Nailsea Cycles sorted out the bike, which only had one puncture in the whole trip.
“The whole community has been very supportive in the way they gave freely with sponsorship and wished me well before I went.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
Wellspring Counselling offers sessions to people across North Somerset who are unable to pay expensive private fees. It runs sessions on a donation basis and needs to raise �15,000 a year to offer the vital service to people.
Anyone interested in sponsoring Sue or donating to the charity can call Wellspring Counselling on 01275 810879.