Success at North Somerset Women’s Show
BEAUTY demonstrations, gifts and cakes were all on offer at the first ever North Somerset Women’s Show on Sunday.
Held at the Congresbury hotel, Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House, the event proved a huge success with visitors and stall-holders, who made the most of what was dubbed ‘the ultimate girls’ day out’.
Organised by Backwell mum-of-two, Caroline Sparks, the first 250 visitors to the show were given a free goody bag and throughout the day talks and demonstrations were put on by experts in beauty and cosmetic treatments.
Stalls were set up by traders and therapists from across Somerset, including Cleeve Nursery, Nailsea’s Blue Room artists, The Cup Cake Bakery in Portishead and Pour la Femme in Christon.
Groups, organisations, sport clubs and health practitioners also held stalls to promote their work.
You may also want to watch:
* For more images from the show click the picture gallery link at the top of this page.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop