Students take the lead in drama project
YOUNG actors in Clevedon put on a production of Peter Pan as part of a project to inspire children to take up drama.
The adaptation of the classic tale was organised by six year 12 students from Clevedon School, who set up the arts group, Take the Lead, for children in school years three to eight in and around Clevedon.
The group was created in May and last week’s performance was the first its members have completed.
Sixth former Jess Byron-Dyer said: “It went really smoothly. All of the children have put so much into it over the past 13 weeks.”
It was produced and directed by the Clevedon School teens, one of whom also adapted the Peter Pan script.
You may also want to watch:
As well as spreading the message about drama, the creation of Take the Lead has enabled the year 12 students to receive a Gold Arts Award, which is given out to those who have lead a successful arts project.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport