Student to climb Everest
A FORMER pupil from Backwell School is preparing to hike up the highest mountain in the world.
Hannah Pittman, who grew up in Yatton, is taking on the 15-day challenge to scale Mount Everest in May with fellow students from Glasgow University.
Hannah will be trekking the 5520m to raise money for Childreach International.
The award-winning charity works with local communities in developing countries such as Nepal, Cambodia and India to improve healthcare, education, child rights and child protection.
Each member of the team has to raise �2,500 to take part in the trip to Nepal and Hannah is now appealing for sponsors to help her reach the target.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the cause visit mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/hannahhikeseverest
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic