Strawberry tea for charity
Cakes and pink lemonade will be snapped up at a strawberry tea to raise money for Breast Cancer Care
FUNDRAISERS in Portishead will be tucking into cakes and pink lemonade to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
Claire Stanley and Cath Foster from Avon and Somerset Constabulary are holding a strawberry tea party on July 22 to raise cash for the worthy cause.
Claire said: “In 2009 my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and it hit the whole family hard. I’d already seen two close friends lose their mums to the illness so staying positive was the hardest thing to do.
“With the support of all our friends, family and charities like Breast Cancer Care, mum managed to battle it and two years on she remains in remission.”
You may also want to watch:
Cancer has also affected several members of Cath’s family so the charity is also close to her heart.
The women will be serving strawberry cup cakes, chocolate cake, flap jacks and cheesecake with home-made pink lemonade.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
Anyone who cannot make it on the day can donate to the cause by visiting www.justgiving.com/Claire-Stanley