Strawberry tea for charity
Cakes and pink lemonade will be snapped up at a strawberry tea to raise money for Breast Cancer Care
FUNDRAISERS in Portishead will be tucking into cakes and pink lemonade to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
Claire Stanley and Cath Foster from Avon and Somerset Constabulary are holding a strawberry tea party on July 22 to raise cash for the worthy cause.
Claire said: “In 2009 my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and it hit the whole family hard. I’d already seen two close friends lose their mums to the illness so staying positive was the hardest thing to do.
“With the support of all our friends, family and charities like Breast Cancer Care, mum managed to battle it and two years on she remains in remission.”
You may also want to watch:
Cancer has also affected several members of Cath’s family so the charity is also close to her heart.
The women will be serving strawberry cup cakes, chocolate cake, flap jacks and cheesecake with home-made pink lemonade.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 5 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
Anyone who cannot make it on the day can donate to the cause by visiting www.justgiving.com/Claire-Stanley