Strawberry tea for charity
Cakes and pink lemonade will be snapped up at a strawberry tea to raise money for Breast Cancer Care
FUNDRAISERS in Portishead will be tucking into cakes and pink lemonade to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
Claire Stanley and Cath Foster from Avon and Somerset Constabulary are holding a strawberry tea party on July 22 to raise cash for the worthy cause.
Claire said: “In 2009 my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and it hit the whole family hard. I’d already seen two close friends lose their mums to the illness so staying positive was the hardest thing to do.
“With the support of all our friends, family and charities like Breast Cancer Care, mum managed to battle it and two years on she remains in remission.”
You may also want to watch:
Cancer has also affected several members of Cath’s family so the charity is also close to her heart.
The women will be serving strawberry cup cakes, chocolate cake, flap jacks and cheesecake with home-made pink lemonade.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
Anyone who cannot make it on the day can donate to the cause by visiting www.justgiving.com/Claire-Stanley