St George’s Day fair
A ST George’s Day themed fair will be held in Clevedon with fun and games to enjoy.
The event, to be held in Queens Square from 2-5pm on Saturday, will include a fancy dress competition for the best George, best dragon and best Easter bonnet.
There will be Easter prizes for the winners and all primary school aged children are being encouraged to take part.
The fund-raising event has been organised by Clevedon Pride to begin collecting cash toward the �12,000 cost of Christmas lights in the square.
Entertainment will be provided by Lip Gloss and there will be many stalls and traditional activities including Easter egg and spoon races.
You may also want to watch:
As well as raising money for the Christmas lights in Queens Square, Clevedon Pride volunteers keep the area looking marvellous by planting flowers and carrying out regular litter picks.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved