Sperrings Equestrian gears up for charity May fair this weekend
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
Visitors can explore a pets' corner, hobby horse racing and shopping at Sperrings Equestrian May Fair and open day, hosted by The Country Cabin, this weekend.
A tombola, afternoon tea, take-home cakes and a barbecue will also be on offer at the event, which is raising money for two local charities on Saturday.
Organised by mother and daughter team Sally and Bex Letts, the fair will celebrate the reopening of their coastal and interiors shop, The Country Cabin.
They will be raising funds in Sally’s father’s memory for Cancer Research and Bristol and Weston Oncology, following the family’s recent loss.
Bex said: “It’s been a bit of a year for everyone so far, and as the sun starts to shine and businesses being their slow recovery, we wanted to do something to spread some joy. We have plenty of outdoor space and want to share it with others and provide some light relief for a day of fun and relaxation all within Covid-secure government guidelines.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly, we recently lost my grandpa to cancer and so we want to use this event to raise funds to help the ongoing cancer research and support Bristol and Weston Oncology where grandpa received treatment for many years.”
Sally and Bex say as the weather improves and outdoor events begin to resume this month, the event promises an opportunity to get out in the fresh air this weekend. The mother and daughter duo will also have extra Covid-secure measures in place to help keep people safe.
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 4 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 5 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 6 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 7 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 9 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 10 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
In addition to the event, people will also have the chance to enter a raffle in a bid to win a Cornish getaway to a lodge in St Austell and two nights in the luxury bed and breakfast suite in a converted listed barn at Sperrings Farm in Clapton-in-Gordano.
Sperrings Equestrian May Fair and open day takes place on Saturday from 10am-4pm at Sperrings Equestrian, in Moor Lane, in Clapton-in-Gordano.