Spectacular carnival to come to North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Flashing lights and brilliant floats will hit North Somerset this weekend for one-night only.
Weston-super-Mare carnival is back and it is set to be bigger and better than ever with more than 140 illuminated floats, marching bands, coin collectors and fancy dress walkers pounding the pavements of the town centre.
Thousands of people are expected to line the streets to catch a glimpse of the awe-inspiring floats.
The early part of the procession route has changed slightly this year following the changes to the road layout in Alexandra Parade.
That means the parade will begin as usual from Locking Road car park at 7.15pm before making its way down Alfred Street, along the Boulevard and onto Weston’s seafront.
You may also want to watch:
Access and parking in and around the town centre will be restricted from 4pm with road closures on Alexandra Parade, South Parade and Alfred Street.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits