Social swimming promoted
A SOCIAL approach to swimming is being promoted at Portishead Open Air Pool.
Under the North Somerset Council initiative, Back to Sport 4 Life, masters swimming classes are being put on for people wanting to try out swimming again but do not feel ready to join a club.
For people aged 16 and over, two programmes will be put on at the open air pool.
One programme will run every Saturday for 10 weeks at 9-10am from May 7 until July 16 and the other will run every Monday at 6.30-7.30pm from May 9 to July 18.
All instruction is taken by a qualified instructor who will help with stroke techniques, improving fitness and also offer advice on how to become a competitive swimmer.
You may also want to watch:
The 10-week course costs �25 to be paid at the first session or before.
To reserve a place call 01275 882736 or email email@example.com
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 9 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 10 Portishead nursery children say bonjour to all things French