Social swimming promoted
A SOCIAL approach to swimming is being promoted at Portishead Open Air Pool.
Under the North Somerset Council initiative, Back to Sport 4 Life, masters swimming classes are being put on for people wanting to try out swimming again but do not feel ready to join a club.
For people aged 16 and over, two programmes will be put on at the open air pool.
One programme will run every Saturday for 10 weeks at 9-10am from May 7 until July 16 and the other will run every Monday at 6.30-7.30pm from May 9 to July 18.
All instruction is taken by a qualified instructor who will help with stroke techniques, improving fitness and also offer advice on how to become a competitive swimmer.
You may also want to watch:
The 10-week course costs �25 to be paid at the first session or before.
To reserve a place call 01275 882736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 7 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Families enjoy Easter donkey tale trail at church
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit