Social swimming promoted
A SOCIAL approach to swimming is being promoted at Portishead Open Air Pool.
Under the North Somerset Council initiative, Back to Sport 4 Life, masters swimming classes are being put on for people wanting to try out swimming again but do not feel ready to join a club.
For people aged 16 and over, two programmes will be put on at the open air pool.
One programme will run every Saturday for 10 weeks at 9-10am from May 7 until July 16 and the other will run every Monday at 6.30-7.30pm from May 9 to July 18.
All instruction is taken by a qualified instructor who will help with stroke techniques, improving fitness and also offer advice on how to become a competitive swimmer.
You may also want to watch:
The 10-week course costs �25 to be paid at the first session or before.
To reserve a place call 01275 882736 or email email@example.com
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel