Snow and sleet forecast for North Somerset
- Credit: Jack Wright
Weather forecasters believe North Somerset could see snow fall over the next 24 hours.
A weather warning for the South West has been issued by the Met Office.
A Met Office spokesman said: “Showers are falling as sleet, snow and hail already in the north, and this threat (is expected to) spread to parts of Wales, the Midlands and southern England on Tuesday evening and overnight into Wednesday.
“The warning has been extended further south and east to cover small amounts of snow, for example in parts of southern England.
“Delays to travel are possible, with a lower likelihood of cancellations of public transport.
You may also want to watch:
“Some roads and pavements will turn icy, with an increased likelihood of some accidents and injuries.”
The weather warning is in place from lunchtime today (Tuesday) until 11am tomorrow (Wednesday).
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 9 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema