Skaters take to the ramps
ENERGETIC youngsters will take to the ramps in Nailsea when the 10th annual community skate festival is held on Monday.
Organisers have planned an action-packed day of skateboard, rollerblade, BMX and scooter competitions along with dance performances by Simply Street, face painting and volleyball.
There will be an Olympic theme to the event and torchbearer Corrinne Day will take along her torch for people to see between 2-4pm.
Visitors and participants will also have the chance to enjoy food from a barbecue as well as pancakes.
Last year saw more than 40 youngsters take part in the various categories, with more than 400 spectators watching them show off their skills.
You may also want to watch:
The contests will take place at the park adjacent to Scotch Horn Leisure Centre off Brockway and will run from 2-6pm. Registration opens at 1pm. Entry costs �1-2 depending on the category.
In the hope of encouraging younger people to take part, there will be categories for those aged 12 and under in both the skateboarding and rollerblading events.
- 1 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 2 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
The festival is organised by Holy Trinity and Trendlewood churches in partnership with Christian Surfers UK and is supported by Nailsea Town Council, Quartet Community Games and other community bodies in Nailsea.
Anyone wishing to get hold of an application form before the event should email firstname.lastname@example.org