Signs ordered for congested road
SIGNS will soon be installed along a busy Clevedon road where parking has long caused congestion problems.
Clevedon Town Council has ordered two signs to put up in Holly Lane asking those using the sports fields at Clevedon School to park in the school grounds.
On Saturdays and Sundays, a large number of cars park along the road when sports matches are held on the adjacent playing fields, causing the road to become congested.
The vehicles are normally parked on both sides of the road, with only enough room for one lane of traffic to travel between them.
As well as causing queues of traffic at each end of the road, the problem has also resulted in buses becoming stuck and having to be taken out of service.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Council has refused to paint double yellow lines along Holly Lane and will not consider creating a parking area on the fields.
As a result, Clevedon Town Council has paid for signs to be created and installed asking drivers to park in the nearby Clevedon School car park. It is hoped they will be put up by September.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel