Signs ordered for congested road
SIGNS will soon be installed along a busy Clevedon road where parking has long caused congestion problems.
Clevedon Town Council has ordered two signs to put up in Holly Lane asking those using the sports fields at Clevedon School to park in the school grounds.
On Saturdays and Sundays, a large number of cars park along the road when sports matches are held on the adjacent playing fields, causing the road to become congested.
The vehicles are normally parked on both sides of the road, with only enough room for one lane of traffic to travel between them.
As well as causing queues of traffic at each end of the road, the problem has also resulted in buses becoming stuck and having to be taken out of service.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Council has refused to paint double yellow lines along Holly Lane and will not consider creating a parking area on the fields.
As a result, Clevedon Town Council has paid for signs to be created and installed asking drivers to park in the nearby Clevedon School car park. It is hoped they will be put up by September.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 5 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway