Sign up to the Bluebell Walk
- Credit: chsw
A TEDDY bear’s picnic was enjoyed by children and staff at a Wraxall hospice as they helped to launch a fundraising event.
The annual Bluebell Walk for Children’s Hospice South West, which runs Charlton Farm in the village, will take place next month.
Those wishing to their bit for a good cause are being urged to register for the walking event which will be held on April 28 and take participants through the woodland and countryside surrounding the facility.
There are three new routes for this year’s event with a wheelchair friendly one-mile walk, a three-mile walk and a six-mile walk.
Those taking on the six miles will set off at 10am and all others will begin between 10-11am.
You may also want to watch:
Upon their return to Charlton Farm, a country fete including market stalls and live music will be taking place. It will be open to the public from 10am.
Registration for the walk costs £5 per adult and £3 for under 16s. Dogs can go for free.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Youth charity wins national accolade
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
For more details and to sign up visit www.chsw.org.uk/bluebell