Sign up to country walking course
A WALKING course for vulnerable adults will be put on in Clevedon.
Osprey Outdoors specialises in giving people living in towns and cities the chance to enjoy the outdoors.
From February 2, a 10-week course will be held for adults using mental health services or adults who have been through rehabilitation for drink or drug addictions.
Beginning with a three-mile, flat walk, the course will culminate in a 10-mile walk. Participants will also be taught to read ordinance survey maps.
Anyone wishing to take part can visit the offices of Friend in Old Street tomorrow (Tues) or Friday between 12noon-2pm where they can meet with Wendy Watkins of Osprey Outdoors and sign up.
For more details call Wendy on 07778 913192 or 01934 823148, via email at email@example.com or visit www.osprey-outdoors.co.uk
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 6 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 7 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 8 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin