Sign up to country walking course
A WALKING course for vulnerable adults will be put on in Clevedon.
Osprey Outdoors specialises in giving people living in towns and cities the chance to enjoy the outdoors.
From February 2, a 10-week course will be held for adults using mental health services or adults who have been through rehabilitation for drink or drug addictions.
Beginning with a three-mile, flat walk, the course will culminate in a 10-mile walk. Participants will also be taught to read ordinance survey maps.
Anyone wishing to take part can visit the offices of Friend in Old Street tomorrow (Tues) or Friday between 12noon-2pm where they can meet with Wendy Watkins of Osprey Outdoors and sign up.
You may also want to watch:
For more details call Wendy on 07778 913192 or 01934 823148, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.osprey-outdoors.co.uk
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 6 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 7 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 8 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 9 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 10 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival