Sign up to country walking course
A WALKING course for vulnerable adults will be put on in Clevedon.
Osprey Outdoors specialises in giving people living in towns and cities the chance to enjoy the outdoors.
From February 2, a 10-week course will be held for adults using mental health services or adults who have been through rehabilitation for drink or drug addictions.
Beginning with a three-mile, flat walk, the course will culminate in a 10-mile walk. Participants will also be taught to read ordinance survey maps.
Anyone wishing to take part can visit the offices of Friend in Old Street tomorrow (Tues) or Friday between 12noon-2pm where they can meet with Wendy Watkins of Osprey Outdoors and sign up.
You may also want to watch:
For more details call Wendy on 07778 913192 or 01934 823148, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.osprey-outdoors.co.uk
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset