Shuttle bus to serve Portishead High Street
A FREE shuttle bus has been introduced to Portishead this week to help residents isolated by changes to bus routes.
Diversions set up because of the closure of High Street resulted in the suspension of bus services to part of Down Road and Avon Way, Combe Road and Slade Road.
Older residents complained the changes had made life difficult for them and made shopping impossible.
Both the Chamber of Trade and Councillor David Jolley took up the case and now North Somerset Council has confirmed the introduction of a free replacement bus service to be run by Blue Iris Coaches, towards which the Chamber of Commerce has made a financial contribution.
It runs via West Hill and Cabstand and will begin operating at 2pm today (Tues). It will run until Friday.
You may also want to watch:
From Saturday, the northern section of the High Street beyond Combe Road will be re-opened, allowing services 357, 358, 359 and X25 to serve that area as normal.
The shuttles service departures, from near Co-op on Wyndham Way, will be at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. Departures from Down Road will be on the hour and at half past the hour. The first departure from Down Road will be at 7.30am and the last departure from Co-Op at 6.15pm.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 8 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
For more details call Blue Iris Coaches on 01275 851121.