Shuttle bus to serve Portishead High Street
A FREE shuttle bus has been introduced to Portishead this week to help residents isolated by changes to bus routes.
Diversions set up because of the closure of High Street resulted in the suspension of bus services to part of Down Road and Avon Way, Combe Road and Slade Road.
Older residents complained the changes had made life difficult for them and made shopping impossible.
Both the Chamber of Trade and Councillor David Jolley took up the case and now North Somerset Council has confirmed the introduction of a free replacement bus service to be run by Blue Iris Coaches, towards which the Chamber of Commerce has made a financial contribution.
It runs via West Hill and Cabstand and will begin operating at 2pm today (Tues). It will run until Friday.
You may also want to watch:
From Saturday, the northern section of the High Street beyond Combe Road will be re-opened, allowing services 357, 358, 359 and X25 to serve that area as normal.
The shuttles service departures, from near Co-op on Wyndham Way, will be at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. Departures from Down Road will be on the hour and at half past the hour. The first departure from Down Road will be at 7.30am and the last departure from Co-Op at 6.15pm.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
For more details call Blue Iris Coaches on 01275 851121.