Shoplifter liked aftershave smell
A MAN stole a bottle of aftershave from a Nailsea chemist after spending all his money on gaming machines, a court heard.
Romanian Catalin Irimia, 23, was visiting the town from Birmingham to see friends before heading into Boots, in Somerset Square, at about 12.30pm on July 13.
After spraying himself with a bottle of Armani Code aftershave, he picked the product up and walked out of the store without paying.
On arrest by police, he told officers he had liked the smell of the product and decided to take it.
Appearing at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges last Thursday, Irimia pleaded guilty to a charge of shoplifting.
You may also want to watch:
Defending, David Bird, told the court that Irimia, who earns �35 a week, had spent all his money on gaming machines before the theft.
Magistrates gave him a conditional discharge after hearing how he had spent the 24hours up to the court hearing in the cells.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
He was, however, ordered to pay �85 court costs.