Shoplifter liked aftershave smell
A MAN stole a bottle of aftershave from a Nailsea chemist after spending all his money on gaming machines, a court heard.
Romanian Catalin Irimia, 23, was visiting the town from Birmingham to see friends before heading into Boots, in Somerset Square, at about 12.30pm on July 13.
After spraying himself with a bottle of Armani Code aftershave, he picked the product up and walked out of the store without paying.
On arrest by police, he told officers he had liked the smell of the product and decided to take it.
Appearing at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges last Thursday, Irimia pleaded guilty to a charge of shoplifting.
You may also want to watch:
Defending, David Bird, told the court that Irimia, who earns �35 a week, had spent all his money on gaming machines before the theft.
Magistrates gave him a conditional discharge after hearing how he had spent the 24hours up to the court hearing in the cells.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
He was, however, ordered to pay �85 court costs.