Shoplifter liked aftershave smell
A MAN stole a bottle of aftershave from a Nailsea chemist after spending all his money on gaming machines, a court heard.
Romanian Catalin Irimia, 23, was visiting the town from Birmingham to see friends before heading into Boots, in Somerset Square, at about 12.30pm on July 13.
After spraying himself with a bottle of Armani Code aftershave, he picked the product up and walked out of the store without paying.
On arrest by police, he told officers he had liked the smell of the product and decided to take it.
Appearing at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges last Thursday, Irimia pleaded guilty to a charge of shoplifting.
You may also want to watch:
Defending, David Bird, told the court that Irimia, who earns �35 a week, had spent all his money on gaming machines before the theft.
Magistrates gave him a conditional discharge after hearing how he had spent the 24hours up to the court hearing in the cells.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 7 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 8 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 9 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
He was, however, ordered to pay �85 court costs.