Shop’s remembrance window
A PORTISHEAD gift shop has designed a special Remembrance Day window to help raise awareness of the Poppy Appeal.
The Poppy Appeal raises funds for the Royal British Legion, the nation’s leading armed forces charity providing care and support for troops and their families.
This is the second year running that Top Hat and Tails owner Bob Hughes has decorated the shop window in this way.
He said: “The Poppy Appeal is a good cause and with the continuing Afghanistan conflict, it’s an ongoing cause.
“I am pleased to be able to support the British Legion by dedicating my High Street window to promote the Poppy Appeal again this year.”
You may also want to watch:
An act of remembrance will take place in the Precinct in Portishead High Street on Friday which will include a two-minute silence at 11am to remember those who have fallen.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships