Shed thefts on increase
A SPATE of thefts and burglaries from sheds, garages and outbuildings in North Somerset has prompted police warnings to be issued.
Stable equipment, worth more than �700, was taken from a secure shed in a paddock in Tickenham overnight on June 29.
The same night a shed in Congresbury was broken into and a strimmer worth �200 was snatched.
A stable yard in Winford had �1,000 of equipment taken from it at the end of June and a few days later another was targeted in Weston and a lorry used to transport horses was stolen.
Overnight on June 28 a farm shed in Langford was broken into and a children’s 50cc quad bike was taken.
You may also want to watch:
Other thefts have been reported from sheds and garages around the Portishead and Clevedon areas.
And Weston has also been hit, with items such as petrol mowers, a stunt bike, push bikes, power tools and gardening equipment taken and food has even been stolen from an outside freezer.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
PCSO Michele Barrett, of Nailsea police, said: “Please, where possible, secure your property.
“Put your postcode on valuable items and take photographs and note serial numbers. “Keep locks on bikes even when they are in the garage.
“Let’s make life as difficult as possible for thieves.”
Anyone concerned about security can contact a PCSO through the Avon and Somerset Police website.
Suspicious behaviour can be reported to police by dialling 101.
Anyone wanting to join Farmwatch or Horsewatch can email email@example.com