Share your pier memories
- Credit: Archant
CLEVEDON residents are being asked to provide the inspiration for a new heritage project.
Heritage Lottery has awarded the Beside the Seaside Beside the Sea project £9,200 to explore the cultural heritage of North Somerset.
It will have a particular focus on piers from the Victorian era to the 1950s.
An exhibition will be created by volunteers, who will use a range of creative tools such as writing, photography and art to reflect the heritage of the Severn estuary.
But they need sources of inspiration for the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Project co-ordinator Lesley Dale said: “We need old photographs and memorabilia to provide the project volunteers with inspiration.
“It would also be great if there are people who have stories to tell about life in Clevedon and Weston in times gone by who would be willing to meet the volunteers and share their memories.”
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
All the material collected, as well as the artwork and creative writing produced by the volunteers, will be put on display at an exhibition in Clevedon over the summer.
Anyone interested in taking part or anyone who wants to share their pictures or memories can go along to a coffee morning at the Carlton Centre in Carlton Street, Weston, from 10.30am to noon on March 20 between.
Alternatively, contact Lesley Dale on 01179 166500 or email email@example.com