See the Himalayas...
- Credit: Archant
ADVENTURERS looking for a fundraising challenge are being encouraged to sign-up to a charity trek in India.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care in Pill has organised the trip for November when trekkers will take in the breathtaking views of the Himalayan Mountains and visit the Taj Mahal.
So far, 30 people have registered to take part and there are still some places left. Anyone who wants to sign-up must do so by April 10.
Jane Gurney, aged 48, from Portishead, who raised £2,600 for the charity when she took part in a trek along the Inca Trail in Peru in 2011, will be taking part in the India trip.
She said: “As someone who has experienced the devastating effect of cancer on a close family member, I know how vital fundraising trips like this are to Penny Brohn Cancer Care.
You may also want to watch:
“The trek, although it will be a challenge, I know will be absolutely amazing.”
For more details about the trek call Andrew on 01275 370075, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pennybrohncancercare.org/dalai-lama-india
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset