Sample Europe’s best
THE sights, sounds and smells of continental Europe will be brought to Clevedon’s town centre on April 9.
More than 25 traders from France, Belgium, Spain, Holland and Poland, many of whom will be wearing traditional costume, will feature in a continental market in Queens Square.
The market will also include Fairtrade products such as arts, handicrafts and wooden carvings from Africa, South East Asia and Latin America.
For food lovers there will be a chance to buy a whole range of delights including Brittany biscuits, olives, Italian nougat, pungent cheeses, aromatic garlic, saucissons, Tartiflette from the Alps, charcuterie, fresh breads, croissants, bagels and much more.
As well as the fine edible goods, visitors will also be able to choose from a wide range of products including handbags and leather items, Marseille soaps, lavender, children’s toys and pachminas, wooden arts and crafts.
You may also want to watch:
The market will run from 9am-5.30pm on April 9.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 5 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead