Sample Europe’s best
THE sights, sounds and smells of continental Europe will be brought to Clevedon’s town centre on April 9.
More than 25 traders from France, Belgium, Spain, Holland and Poland, many of whom will be wearing traditional costume, will feature in a continental market in Queens Square.
The market will also include Fairtrade products such as arts, handicrafts and wooden carvings from Africa, South East Asia and Latin America.
For food lovers there will be a chance to buy a whole range of delights including Brittany biscuits, olives, Italian nougat, pungent cheeses, aromatic garlic, saucissons, Tartiflette from the Alps, charcuterie, fresh breads, croissants, bagels and much more.
As well as the fine edible goods, visitors will also be able to choose from a wide range of products including handbags and leather items, Marseille soaps, lavender, children’s toys and pachminas, wooden arts and crafts.
You may also want to watch:
The market will run from 9am-5.30pm on April 9.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse