Safeguarding Backwell green space
A QUESTIONAIRE asking Backwell residents which green spaces are important to them will be distributed by the parish council during March.
A council steering group wants to know which areas to safeguard as part of its neighbourhood plan, Backwell Future.
Parish council chairman Bob Taylor said: “We can safeguard areas by designating them as Local Green Space, but we must be able to justify this objectively, supported by evidence that any such area is demonstrably special to the community.”
The group is currently consulting with developers about proposals already suggested but is waiting for North Somerset Council’s Core Strategy to be finalised before including them in the draft plan.
Cllr Taylor has already given presentations about the plan to several organisations in the village, and more have been booked.
You may also want to watch:
He said he was ‘greatly encouraged by the level of interest shown’, and the ‘range of questions asked’.
Any club or group wanting to book a presentation, or find out more about the plan, can call Bob on 01275 462584.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style