Safeguarding Backwell green space
A QUESTIONAIRE asking Backwell residents which green spaces are important to them will be distributed by the parish council during March.
A council steering group wants to know which areas to safeguard as part of its neighbourhood plan, Backwell Future.
Parish council chairman Bob Taylor said: “We can safeguard areas by designating them as Local Green Space, but we must be able to justify this objectively, supported by evidence that any such area is demonstrably special to the community.”
The group is currently consulting with developers about proposals already suggested but is waiting for North Somerset Council’s Core Strategy to be finalised before including them in the draft plan.
Cllr Taylor has already given presentations about the plan to several organisations in the village, and more have been booked.
You may also want to watch:
He said he was ‘greatly encouraged by the level of interest shown’, and the ‘range of questions asked’.
Any club or group wanting to book a presentation, or find out more about the plan, can call Bob on 01275 462584.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe